Our community comes first. Learn how Concord is taking measures for our clients and employees.
To our Concord community,
As COVID-19 continues to dominate global conversation, we wanted to take a moment to connect with you on the situation. Our hearts go out to all those impacted and their loved ones.
These are certainly unprecedented times. While we don’t know what the next few months will hold, our commitment to you holds firm. During times of uncertainty, our core values – SMART, PRAGMATIC, WILL-DO ATTITUDE, COMPETITIVE, and DO THE RIGHT THING – guide us more than ever. I’m optimistic that as a company, a community, and a nation, we are collectively resilient.
Measures We're Taking For Our Clients
We are dedicated to our clients 100% during this challenging time, and understand that your mission-critical projects still need to get done, even with a remote workforce. In many cases, we are already working remotely to help our clients – so this is just business-as-usual. For our customers who have never explored telework, we are fully equipped to ensure the seamless delivery of your initiatives.
- Remote Tools. Concord aligns to our client’s preferred method of remote collaboration, where defined, or makes recommendations based on our experience across the vast landscape of options.
- Time Zone Alignment. Our project teams adjust our working hours accordingly to our client’s primary time zone to allow an overlap of accessibility. Sometimes a quick IM is the most efficient form of communication!
- Regular Check-ins & Meetings. We encourage our clients to participate in regular meeting cadences to review status, resolve issues, and generally keep lines of communication open. These connection points can be as simple as a 10-minute chat or more elaborate, depending upon our client’s needs.
- Offshore Security. For our offshore team, remote work is the standard! We are following the same stringent security guidelines and protocols, as always.
Most importantly, we want to thank you for your partnership. You always have choices, and that you choose to work with our team means the world to us. As your COVID-19 mitigation plans and business operations change, please let us know how we can adapt to best serve you.
Measures We're Taking For Our Employees
The safety and well-being of our employees is our top priority. We wanted to share a few of the measures we implemented to keep our employees and their families safe:
- Telework Requirement. As of Monday, March 16, we established mandatory telework for our Minneapolis headquarters and Chicago office, which will remain in effect through Friday, March 27, at a minimum. We continue to monitor the situation and will reassess the plan as new information becomes available. We advised all employees to protect themselves by following CDC guidelines for preventing the spread of COVID-19 by practicing social distancing and taking standard hygiene precautions.
- Remote Access. Regardless of COVID-19, Concord has long been an advocate of remote work. Our employees are all encouraged to make use of a wide array of remote collaboration tools, including Zoom, Slack, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts, and a good old-fashioned phone line. They have experience navigating the unique challenges associated with teleworking.
- Morale Monitoring. We believe mental health is just as important as physical health and acknowledge there is added stress from unknown external circumstances and a potentially abrupt change in day-to-day routines. We are actively communicating with our employees, encouraging regular remote collaboration check-ins, and offering additional platforms to address any mental health concerns.
- Team Collaboration. Our employees have established a regular cadence of internal conference calls, where team members align on business topics and resolve issues, plus on-going communication through Microsoft Teams. It’s almost like we’re together in person, except we’re able to wear sweatpants.
As new information unfolds, we will certainly keep you updated. If there’s anything we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or your usual Concord contact. We’re all here to help.
Chief Executive Officer